The Specialized Master's Degree in Strategic Business Unit Management will enable you to acquire the necessary know-how to successfully lead a business unit and develop greater managerial acumen. It will also allow you to enhance your leadership and people management as well as adopting a genuinely entrepreneurial and innovative approach to management.
Designed as a practical foundation for managing a business unit. You will get the opportunity to learn international best practices and focus on areas of key importance for your personal and professional development.
- CRAFTING CORPORATE STRATEGIES
- DESIGNING BUSINESS UNIT STRATEGIES
- DEVELOPING THE LEADER
- ORGANIZING FOR HUMANISM AND SUSTAINABILITY IN BUSINESS AND SOCIETY
- UNDERSTANDING BUSINESS ENVIRONMENTS
- EXPLORING FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
- MANAGING HUMAN CAPITAL AND CAREERS
- DEPLOYING MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING AND CONTROL
- INNOVATING FINANCE
- OPTIMIZING BUSINESS OPERATIONS AND SUPPLY CHAINS
- SETTING MARKETING STRATEGY
- FOSTERING INTRAPRENEURSHIP AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- SHARPENING NEGOTIATION SKILLS
- SIMULATING BUSINESS EXCELLENCE
- LEADING CHANGE
- SEEING ORGANIZATIONAL TRANSFORMATION IN ACTION - THE HEC PARIS FIELD TRIP
- SUSTAINING THE LEADER'S SUCCESS
In order to foster self-driven and problem-based learning as well as critical thinking, program participants have the opportunity to work on the solution to a crucial issue in today’s organizations or society. After selecting a topic of deep personal interest and value, you will critically review insights that already exist, gather empirical evidence, and then propose recommendations.
Thesis mentoring is an integral part of the program and a supervisor will guide you throughout this journey of discovery
Financing your program
HEC Paris in Qatar offers scholarships, discounts and payment facilities.
This scholarship is open to Specialized Master’s participants with significant international professional experience in their careers. There are two scholarships per cohort, representing an amount of 20,000 USD each.
This scholarship is open to Specialized Master’s participants with significant entrepreneurial experience and who have achieved tangible results with their entrepreneurial ventures. There are two scholarships per cohort, representing an amount of 20,000 USD each.
Please contact our admissions team for more information and how to apply on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qatari nationals may be eligible for scholarships through the Ministry of Education. For more details, please visit the Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MOEHE) website.
We have a number of discounts available to support your application for the SBUM.
10% off tuition fee. Available to those flying into Doha at the start of the program.
5% off tuition fee. Applied upon full payment at enrollment of the program.
10% off tuition fee. Available to all those in HR related functions at the time of enrollment.
Other discounts are available. Please contact our admissions team for more information on email@example.com.
For more information on individual and corporate discounts, please contact The Admissions Office at +974 4454 0161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admissions: How to Apply
Candidates are admitted to the Specialized Master’s program on a rolling basis. It normally takes 2-4 weeks for candidates to go through the entire admissions process. Please review our 6-step process below.
Our 6-step process
Step 1: Complete preliminary application form
Step 2: Attend a preliminary interview
Step 3: Complete your online application
Step 4: Attend Selection Committee
Step 5: Final Jury Decision
Step 6: Enrollment for successful candidates
Requirement 1: The eligibility requirements.
- A completed / earned Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- A minimum of four-years of work experience after completing your bachelor’s degree
Requirement 2: Online application submission requirement for candidates to be presented in front of a selection committee.
- Completed and Submitted Online Application Form, which includes:
- Two Recommendation Letters
- Copy of your resume in English
- Copy of your undergraduate transcript and degree certificate in English
- Copy of your English Proficiency Test score (e.g. TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS, or PTE score report)
- If your undergraduate degree was conducted in a language other than English
- If conducted in English, a letter issued from your university confirming the language of instruction was English
- Passport Photo
- Copy of your passport / ID
- Organizational chart
- Salary slip
Requirement 3: The Management Test.
- Choice of GMAT, GRE, Executive Assessment or in-house HEC Paris management test.
“The program is ideal for anyone looking to enhance their leadership skills either in their organizations or start-ups.”
Ali AhmadCredit Analyst at Qatar Development Bank
Specialized Master’s 2020
“The program encourages you to step back from your daily routine to discover the latest insights and acquire the right tools for success in today’s evolving landscape.”
Al Anood Al MaadeedFinancial Report Analyst at Qatar Foundation
Specialized Master’s 2018
“It is the right stage in my career to take this Specialized Master’s program to build and sharpen key skills, expand my professional network and gain qualifications from a world-leading institution.”
Mayasa Al HejaziMarketing Specialist at Ooredoo
Specialized Master’s 2020